Wednesday 25 November 2009

Orange Fuck up iPhone launch

Feeling a bit let down by Orange today. I was browsing the BBC Tech site looking for anything interesting and saw an article that Tesco are going to sell the iPhone. I open it up read it and it says Orange are reporting 30,000 sales on the first day of the iPhone going on sale.

I was pretty surprised as about 2 months ago they emailed me as a customer notifying me they would be selling the iPhone and asking if I wanted to pre-Register my interest. Here is the reply confirming I had pre-registered and that they will be in contact again nearer to the time. Well I have not had anything from them since.

So I'm a pretty pissed off Orange customer who is out of contract and if I do not hear from them I'll be giving O2 a call in the next couple of days to see if they are looking for new customers as I'm sure some will have left to go back to Orange.

Aside from totally mismanaging my expectations - why bother emailing people asking to pre-register then totally ignore them - they have obviously underestimated the response as their entire site appears to be down today. Really not making me feel they are the best operator/network.

The orange site today looks like this....

No comments: