Tuesday 18 November 2008

Pepsi MAX QR codes

I don't drink Pepsi but I just saw a can with a QR code on it and discovered the Pepsi Max Kicks Campaign.



Looks like this is one of the first big brands in the UK to have done something using QR codes - tech brands and b-2-b have dipped their toes in it but it was interesting to see a mass brand like Pepsi taking this seriously.

I love the idea of QR codes but the problem being the phones don't come loaded with the software readers which to me has been the biggest barrier to entry - wake up handset mnf's and sort this out. I am interested to see how well it works for pepsi because everyone else will be watching making the old adage ring true - everyone want's to be the first person to do something for the second time ;-)





Good on Pepsi for pushing everyone else forward in the UK.

No comments: