Friday 13 February 2009

The Twitter Experiment

I personally can't think of anything less interesting than Twitter, the minutiae of someone's life is not that interesting, do I care if Stephen Fry was stuck in a lift, do I care if some idiot twitters about the town a big client is located in and gets in trouble - no.

However, I do think there is a role for the right application of Twitter for a brand - not necessarily the brand taking part although this is possible if its done correctly.

More from a monitoring and research perspective. So it doesn't surprise me at all to see today an incredibly talented and clever guy like my old colleague Ashley Friedlein and his crew of Uber experts at E-consultancy have come up with something really interesting called the Twitter experiment.



They have written some code using the open api of twitter to publish live on their home page all twitter references to e-consultancy. It's great I'll be sending a copy to all of my clients and I wonder if any will be brave enough to try the same thing on their sites about themselves...go on I dare you.

No comments: