Thursday 27 November 2008

A Duty of Care



The guys who share our office Abel & How, no not the organic vegetable people, these guys are like change management guru's and one of the partners has just launched his book - the wonderfully named 'A Duty of Care'



The book sounds good and particularly insightful into the failings of management and training in most businesses and how it is our duty as managers to look after and put the personal development of our staff higher up the priority ladder.

David says: "The premise is that we can all be better leaders, but few businesses offer us any training at all for the job. There’s lots of content with a heavy academic background. The latest thinking and detailed psychological studies…"

I know I have always felt strongly about the development and training of my teams but inevitably it does seem to be the thing that slips down your to do list in busy times - so I guess I am one of the guilty majority. anyway I'll be buying a copy and if its anything like as well written as his blog it should be a good read.

No comments: